“I’ve found it to be very fulfilling, both from the standpoint of a volunteer, and as an entrepreneur, to focus on helping individuals maintain order and independence in their lives. It’s tremendously rewarding on a personal level to help another person, and to have a positive impact on their life.”
Michael Melinger grew up in Evanston, IL and has lived in the Chicago area his entire life. In college, he was lucky to meet Jackie, whom he successfully convinced to marry him. Together they have three daughters and are active members of their community through numerous organizations. In addition to running two businesses, Michael spends much of his time volunteering with organizations that help elders in need.
Michael’s background includes:
Education: B.A. in Economics from the University of Illinois in Champaign, IL
Work & Professional History:
- Eight years in account management with Block Steel Corporation, in Skokie IL.
- Founder, Owner & Operator of 3 Home Instead Senior Care franchises in the Chicago Area since 2001
- Co-Owner and Operator of My Personal Bookkeeper, Inc. (formerly The Sprau Advocate Group) as of 2018
- Pet therapy volunteer with the House of Welcome, Northfield IL, since 2006
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly, Chicago IL, Board Member since 2014, Board Chair in 2018
- Home Care Association of America IL Chapter Board Member since 2001
- Illinois Department of Public Health, Home Health Advisory Board Member since 2009
Family, pets, pretending to play guitar, bad golf, and travel
How Michael makes a difference:
“By taking an ethical approach to business and never letting the dollars get in the way of what’s right”